I like having a mix of higher-end and drugstore beauty products, but to me there’s nothing better than finding a cheap beauty product that kills the game. It’s fun seeking out these gems, and I enjoy being able to replace other, more expensive products with those that do the work for less cost.
Here are my favorite drugstore beauty product buys. These are the items I’ve found that just work, and work damn well.
- Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Hand + Body Lotion – I have used this potion off and on since I was in my tweens. You’ve probably used it too, because it’s great. It also costs about $5 for 32 ounces of intensely moisturizing lotion that smells good too.
- Alba Botanica Very Emollient Sparkling Mint Bath & Shower Gel – I love this stuff. It costs about $10 and comes in a 32-ounce pump bottle that lasts a long time. My husband and I both use and enjoy it.
- CeraVe PM and AM facial moisturizing lotions – These feel so smooth on your skin but, true to what it says on the bottles, are ultra-lightweight, so they just feel nice on your skin, not heavy. The AM version also has broad spectrum SPF 30, so it does double duty – bonus! These each cost about $15, but for a nice, dermatologist-recommended product, I’m in.
- NYX makeup products – NYX is a great drugstore brand of cosmetics. I’ve tried a few items and while not every one of them has been a home run, I do really like their setting spray, and at about $9 it’s a steal. I’ve also been using the NYX tinted moisturizer, which costs about $10, and it’s fantastic. It’s called Bare With Me and is non-comedogenic, meaning it won’t clog your pores. I also have the NYX liquid eyeliner, Epic Ink Liner, and the brand’s Micro Brow Pencil. You can’t go wrong with any of the items I mentioned above, they’re great. And a huge steal compared to department store brand prices.
- Humphrey’s Witch Hazel – This feels so luxurious but is available at Sprouts and other health-food grocery stores. I love swiping this on my skin. They offer different scents – my favorite was the lilac, but I can’t find that locally anymore. I now have the rose version and it smells really pretty. It gives my face an extra layer of clean and helps me know my makeup is off at the end of the day.
- Castor Oil – I’ve been using this simple product to boost my eyebrow and eyelash growth. You know what? It has been working on my brows! I can’t really tell on my lashes but I can tell a difference on my brows. For such a small investment, I’m happy to use this as opposed to other more expensive methods.
- CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser – This has a nice thickness to it and really gets your skin clean while maintaining your moisture barrier. A good drugstore find that makes you feel as if you’re using a product much more expensive.
- Carmex Lip Balm – Carmex Lip Balm in cherry or strawberry is still the best lip balm ever.
I hope this list helps if you’re looking for ways to trim your beauty budget, or just in need of a new recommendation. I love hearing about good beauty products, especially if I’m in the market for a new brand or item. Tell me yours!