What does living your best life mean to you?
Really think about it. Within your parameters that you have available to you in your world, what does your ideal day look like to you? If that vision doesn’t match up with how you’re currently living, what can you do to change it?
For me, I feel happiest when I’m living with intention. What I mean by that is when I make time to do things I genuinely enjoy or include things in my day that fill my cup, I’m living my best life. What are those things for you?
We’re not guaranteed tomorrow or the next day, so check in with yourself right now – are you living your best life in this moment? What can you do to bring genuine moments of joy into your day?
I’ve learned that there are many things that help me feel like I’m living my best life when I incorporate them into my day. No. 1 is my husband and our relationship, as that’s the primary relationship in my life. When I can hug or kiss him and we laugh, that’s my highest and happiest state. Then beyond that, my best day is filled with little beautiful details that make up a great life.
My list for living my best life includes:
- Watching the sun rise or set
- Taking a few minutes to play
- Spraying on my favorite perfume and catching whiffs throughout the day
- Wearing nice jewelry, even when I’m just hanging out at my house
- Drinking that wine
- Eating dessert
- Yelling “I love you” to my husband 20 times a day, because I really do
- Having adventures on my days off
- Laughing at the Big Bang Theory
- Reading a good book and listening to great music
- Learning something new that interests me
- Catching up with a good friend
- Taking a hot bath or just relaxing
- Taking a long walk
Always remember to live each day like it’s your last. Because you never know, it just might be.